Visit the Local Government Committee online here.
Committee Submits Recommendations To Government
The BC Columbia River Treaty Local Governments’ Committee (the Committee) has incorporated input from Basin residents and finalized its Recommendations to government in response to Columbia River Treaty-related interests and issues raised by Basin residents in Canada.
These Recommendations are based on currently-available information and were submitted in December 2013 to the provincial and federal governments for incorporation into current decisions regarding the www.akblg.ca/content/columbia-river-treaty future of the Columbia River Treaty (CRT).
The Committee plans to monitor the BC, Canadian and U.S. CRT-related processes and be directly involved when appropriate. As new information becomes available, the Committee will review this information, seek input from Basin residents, and submit further recommendations to the provincial and federal governments, if needed.
The CRT Local Governments’ Committee will post its recommendations and other documents here and at www.akblg.ca/content/columbia-river-treaty.
Learn more and stay informed:
- Join the discussion on Twitter at #crtreaty and Facebook.
- Take a tutorial on your own schedule at thebasin.cbt.org/columbia-river-treaty/tutorial/.
- Learn more at thebasin.cbt.org/columbia-river-treaty/.
Local Governments’ Committee
Elected officials from across the Columbia Basin are working together to help Basin residents and local governments engage in decisions around the future of the Columbia River Treaty (CRT).
The Columbia River Treaty Local Governments’ Committee (LG Committee), formed in 2011, will work with Columbia Basin Trust to help ensure Basin residents and elected officials alike increase their knowledge on the CRT. The LG Committee intends to work collaboratively on this important issue with regional MLAs and elected officials in Victoria, as well as regional MPs.
For more information, contact LG Committee Chair Deb Kozak at email@example.com.
- News Release: Local Governments Form Columbia River Treaty Committee
- CRT Local Governments’ Committee Terms of Reference
- CRT Local Governments’ Committee Members
- An Overview: Sharing Benefits From Natural Resources With Local Stakeholders in BC
Info Session Files: Hydro Operations in the Columbia Basin (March 13, 2013)
- Presentation: International Boundary Waters Treaty, International Joint Commission and The Kootenay Lake Order by Gwyn Graham
- Presentation: Libby Dam Operations Briefing by James Barton, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Presentation: Overview of Columbia/Kootenay Operations by Kelvin Ketchum, BC Hydro
- Presentation: FortisBC’s Operations of Kootenay Lake by Marko Aaltomaa, FortisBC